Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Turning 24

Took a four day weekend for myself in lieu of my birthday. It was probably one of the best ideas I've ever had.

Friends came over on Sunday and we geeked out and played games. Yay! I really, really, really wanted to play Cosmic Encounter and that happened three times! I finished Old Man's War last month and it reminded me of CE.

Went back to work today. It was the pretty typical work sort of day. People came by with birthday wishes and I spent a good portion of the morning conversing with co-workers. I surprisingly received a package around noon. It turned out to be a flower delivery. Orange and purple roses! Matthew sent them as my second birthday gift. They are so pretty. I cannot wait to see what they look like in full bloom. Perhaps I will post a picture of them here. Currently still sitting on my desk in the office. I do plan on bringing them home tomorrow.

Got a few well wishing phone calls and text messages after work, but I really spent the most of the night enjoying things. Mostly alphabetizing and financial budget planning.

Geez, it's getting cold in here, but I don't want to turn the heat up.

No comments: